Ballons Pirates creates paper sky lanterns that are all unique, authentic and biodegradable. These three adjectives accurately describe the values of this group, which considers the freedom of expression of flying and cultural openness to be fundamental to their profession. One of the highlights of the event is the moment the constructors launch their flying works of art from the take-off field.
When ? Free at weekends, as well as during the children's afternoon, also by reservation during the week
Where ? In the Landi hall
How much ? Free
To help expand the Balloon Festival’s horizons to areas other than ballooning, celebrities from the worlds of culture, heritage, the terrestrial and spatial environments are invited to attend a series of debates. Audience participation is a key feature of these events. A professional moderator will lead the discussion.
- 23.01 | Bertrand Piccard : 1,000 solutions for a sustainable future
- 24.01 | Benoît Aymon : A brief history of mountaineering
- 25.01 | Vera Michalski : Encouraging writers and writing
- 26.01 | Michèle Piccard : Around the world in a solar-powered aircraft, for children
- 27.01 | Anne Rosat : A life devoted to the art of paper cutting
- 28.01 | Nicolas Tièche et Laurent Sciboz : Piloting for over 3 days and 3 nights in a 2 square metre cabin.
When ? 5 pm to 6 pm (26/01: 2 pm to 3 pm)
Where ? At the Espace Ballon (the debate on 26/01 will take place at the Zénith)
How much ? Free
The Festival au Pays des Enfants invites children to set off on a hunt for 10 elves, who are sitting in the windows of the village. One of them got lost in his balloon during his trip to the balloon festival. In addition to the treasure hunt, children’s craft workshops will be organized at the weekends and on Wednesday afternoons.
When ? Free to take part every day
Where ? In the Landi hall and in the village of Château-d'Œx
How much ? Free
Award-winning films at Fifad
The CinEden Association from Château-d'Œx will screen films which won awards at the 2021 Festival International du Film Alpin des Diablerets (FIFAD) at the cinema located in the centre of the village. Benoît Aymon, the artistic director of FIFAD, and Solveig Sautier, its Director of Operations, will be attending the screenings to discuss the films.
- SPELLBOUNDBy Richard Sidey (New Zealand), 2020, 5', OVST-Fr, trailer
- OUT OF FRAMEBy Jordan Manoukian (France), 2020, 42', FV, ST-Ger, trailer
- AMAZONIABy Florias Gallay (Switzerland), 2020, 22', FV
- LA GRANDE HISTOIRE DU SKIBy Pierre-Antoine Hiroz (Switzerland), 2020, 52', FV, ST-Ger
- MIGRANTSBy Hugo Caby, Antoine Dupriez, Aubin Kubiak, Lucas Lermytte, Zoé Devise (France), 2020, 8', trailer
- THE GHOST ABOVEBy Renan Ozturk, Taylor Rees, Jay Macmillan (USA), 2020, 37', OVST-Fr,trailer
- TELENOVELA AT EVERESTBy Nicolas Bossard (Switzerland), 2021, 20', OVST-Fr
- SWISSWAY TO HEAVEN ! By Guillaume Broust (France) 2021, 55’, FV, ST-Ger, trailer
When ? Sunday 23/01 and Monday 24/01 at 8:15 pm
Where ? At the Eden cinema
How much ? CHF 15.- per session (or CHF 25.- for the 2 sessions)